Thursday, December 2, 2010

HELP ME BELIEVE.









I want to believe

But I’m having a hard time seeing

Past what I see right now


I want to be free

But when I try to fly

I realise, I don’t know how

No one showed me how.

                      Kirk Franklin (Help me believe)

We can’t deny that sometimes we feel helpless, stuck, alone and hopeless.

Like the world, your family and friends have moved on leaving you behind.

You are unaware of the next step to take or the next move to make.

You lost your job and have not been able to find one for a long time.

You lost your loved one and you feel like life is empty and worthless without them.

You lost all your money when the economy crashed.




You are sick and the doctor has told you how much time he thinks you have left.

It is eating your soul up.

It’s killing you softly.

The dawn of a new day is like another day in hell.

There is this voice in your head that seem to be laughing at you and telling you that it’s over.

You just want to be alone, lock yourself up in a room and scream out;

           Is anyone there?

          Can anybody help?

I felt this way recently and buried in my thoughts.

 I remembered the woman in the bible that had bled for about 13yrs.

She spent all her time and resources seeking healers.

I am pretty sure she was fed up and tired of asking for help because of all the disappointment she had faced.

In all of this, she heard that Jesus was in the area.
The faith she had left was little and the hope for a better life was fading but she took the step and touched Jesus’ clothing and she was healed.

When life hurts you

Remember God is a healer

He is waiting for your call

            Kurt Carr (God is a healer)

Even Jesus got to a point on the cross when he could not take it anymore and cried out to God.

My God, My God

Why have you forsaken me?


When you have been pushed to the wall,

Let down,

Defeated,

When all you need is a reason to smile.

This song always comes to mind.

I’m pressed but not crushed

Persecuted not abandoned

Struck down but not destroyed

I’m blessed beyond the curse

Cause his promise will endure

And his joy’s gonna be my strength.

           Women of Faith. (trading my sorrows)

The joy of the lord is your strength,

He will put a new song in your mouth and give you a reason to smile again.

He will restore unto you what was taken from you,

He will open doors of opportunities for you

He will bless the work of your hand and make it flourish.

The miracle of the morning is that it is always darkest before crack of dawn.

It is always toughest before the big break.

Hold on just a little longer.

Know that you are not forgotten;

   I am not forgotten (3 times)

   God knows my name
        
                Israel Houghton

He did not bring you out this far to take you back again or leave you stranded.

He started this with you and he will finish it.  

It’s actually easier, to give up and give in to vices and addictions like uncontrollable partying, sex and drugs. 
Trying to numb the pain you feel.

Their effect is short-lived and will only make matters worse.

God is the best healer for your heart.

            There is hope for me yet

Because God won’t forget all the plans he has made for me

I have to wait and see

He’s not finished with me yet. 
    
      Josh Wilson......Saviour please

As you hold on to these promises, your faith will start to increase.

When you feel a smile sneak onto your face,

Let it in and soon you will feel it in your heart.

Move your head from side to side to this song from Bryon Cage

Is there anything too hard for God?

           No, No, No, No

Is there anything that he can’t do?

        No, No, No, No

Is there anything impossible?

      No, No, No, No

Would he hold any good thing from you?

   No, No, No No






He will renew your faith in him

He will make you say again

Yes I believe.

God bless you




3 comments:

  1. Awesome post Oma.
    Keep encouraging lives.
    Our God watches over us even though He may be silent atimes. No wonder the scripture says, "weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning". He is the God of the valley and also that of the mountains.

    Blessings,
    -LDP
    http://dynamiqueprofesseur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much professor.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooooo needed this like right now! God Bless you xxx

    ps: I only just discovered your blog from your latest post and immediately went straight to your very first post and have been reading from there. You're such an inspiration I have to say and God Bless you xxx

    ReplyDelete