Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Easier Said than Done

The other day i put up on Facebook that i had a great taste for music and i got people asking me to give them examples of the kind of songs i listen to.
When i tried to write a list i was stopped in my tracks.
Reality...i had been listening to two particular songs all day and didn't even realize it.

Whilst i had other songs on my phone that i could play i chose to put these two songs on replay and i never got tired of them; So inspired by Waje and Haven't seen the last of me by Cher.
My mind subconsciously drew strength from them. I was at a point of breaking.
I was not at a good place at work.
Not only was i being picked on by my Boss; i was experiencing creativity suppression(hope that makes sense.lol)
Every creative idea was shut down with immediate effect.
Every creative move was criticized.
I was on creative and participatory lockdown.(hope that's a word.lol)
As i listened to those songs i realised how deeply saddened i was about this.
This is a career path i chose to follow against all odds.
Now i was almost being bullied out of it.
I had to make a choice; run away from it or stay and learn from it.
I remembered that a few Sundays ago my Pastor; Pastor Poju Oyemade had being speaking about how times like this come to prepare you for a higher level of Glory.
If you run away then you are not ready to handle the next level. If you endure and ask God to reveal all the lessons he wants you to learn from the situation then you are set to go.
I must confess that it's not as easy as it sounds. Almost gave up. but i stayed.
Prayed for guidance to handle the situation. Spoke to a good friend who was always available when i wanted to rant and complain;bless him.
Sharing helps relieve the bad emotions that's when your sharing is not motivated by gossip or trying to spoil the person's name.
I made a decision to forgive her, and love her irrespective of the obvious negative vibe i was getting.
i will use the experience to grow and not fall into the mistake that made me vulnerable (i think it was wrong timing and not understanding her personality. She likes to be the one with all the ideas. Whew!)
i have also learnt something about thanksgiving.
It always works. If you can thank God in the darkest of times please do.
It opens doors faster.
It works.
Anyways, i thank God things are going better.
I'm a better person for it

Won't forget that line in Waje's song.
Even if you cause me trouble,
i won't let it get to me
I'm so inspired.

Are you feeling a little out of touch with yourself?
Does it seem like the spice of life has somewhat left you.
Look around you, there's always something to be grateful for:
1 Thess 5:18.
In all things give thanks
and you would surely find something that would inspire you.
God bless you





Oma

No comments:

Post a Comment