Skip to main content

THE EXPERIENCE 2010




Hello people.
I know i have been quiet for a while.
I had a busy end of week and had to rest after the great time praising God for at least 8 hours at THE EXPERIENCE LAGOS 2010
This is an annual all night praise program that happens in Lagos every first Friday in December.
This year's edition hosted Great gospel artists like Don Moen,Mary Mary, Chervelle Franklin,
Panam Percy Paul, Ron kenoly, Judy Jacobs, Israel Houghton,Papa San ( Yay) and many more.
It is always an indescribable experience. im having a hard time describing the event.
how do you describe an 11 hr praise,worship,prayer, and dance session?
see what i mean?
Its a time we thank God for the year(what better way than to praise him for his mercy and grace).
We also take time out to pray for the oncoming year.
Hundreds of thousands of people leave home hours early just to secure choice seats at the event.
Lagos becomes the place of the moment as Thousands travel from all over the country to be a part of this event.
This years edition was also broadcast live on one of Nigeria's Cable television.
I shot some unprofessional video clips with my phone but cant seem to upload it. found out there are clips on youtube so enjoy.
Really wish i could share the day with you.
Have you ever danced so much that you don't know when you start jumping cos you cant contain yourself anymore?
that was my experience.
I love praising God.
God bless Pastor Paul Adefarasin the initiator of this great event for taking the risk,time and efforts to make this a reality.

Comments

  1. Never been to any of the programmes, but caught last year's on tv and it was LOVELY!
    Prasing is a total package: mind, heart, soul, spirit and your body - everything is invloved and all benefit as well.

    Well done!

    www.thisistehdiaryofanotmadblackwoman.wordpress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...