Skip to main content

I BREAK THE DAWN


I yawn and I stretch, I breathe in deeply again

Refreshed, Refined, Renewed and Revived

Like an early bird I rise, into a brand new day

That lurked about all night, asking to give me a chance

To grasp all the treasures it holds within



The beauty of dawn enchants me, as i look out my window

The sun was barely out; it’s been gone all night

But slowly it creeps out, from a little crack in the sky.

Leisurely the day unfolds, boldly it conquers the night

 Much like a warrior on a covert mission




Soon all the streets will be lit, with sun rays so bright

They could pierce into your soul

It’s so easy to dread this day and what it may bring

All the suspense it conveys, all the mysteries it holds

What side of its different colours and faces will I see today?




But the dawn of each new day, feels like God is writing me a letter

A personal love letter meant for me and me alone

He sends it to me through a never failing medium

The beauty and radiance of each new morning

And he uses words engraved in the sky




I unclipped my wings, and I’m ready to soar

To take all that’s mine in this new day

Only I can make today worth it, its outcome is in my hands

It’s left to me to make it worth my effort?

Or leave it for the wind to blow away like chaff?




With the myriad of thoughts running through my mind

It’s so easy to get confused about how to start today

But I’ve made a decision deep down in my heart

 To make a difference today, to write my name in the sky

With letters as bright as the sun, so the rain can’t wash it away







Comments

  1. Wow! nice poem babe. It hit me.
    I;m not exactly a poem person but this had me following.
    Nice work!

    www.royremi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much. i'm still learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm. This is simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...