Skip to main content

EAT MORE TO LOSE WEIGHT? YES! LET ME EXPLAIN. ✨


We've all been there. Tiny salad, still hungry, thinking that's what "being good" looks like.

But over-dieting and tiny portions is not the flex. It leaves you tired, snacky, and stuck in a restrict-binge loop. Your body needs more, not less — more of the RIGHT things.I call it the Full Plate Method.It’s a mindset shift.


When you over-diet, your body thinks you’re in starvation mode so it increases the hunger hormone Ghrelin. So you get hungrier and snack more. FAIL!

It's not about eating less food. It's about eating more of the foods that love your body back. More volume, colour and satisfaction. 


Here’s how to build a plate that fills you up AND helps you reach your goals:


1. Half your plate = veggies & fruit

Think big, beautiful volume. Roasted broccoli, big leafy greens, cucumbers, peppers, berries, apples. Low calorie density, high fibre, vitamins, and you get to eat A LOT.


2. Quarter plate = slow-burn carbs

These are your energy girls. The ones that keep you full for hours. Think oats, quinoa, sweet potato, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, lentils. No sugar crash, just steady burn.


3. Quarter plate = protein + healthy fats

Chicken, salmon, eggs, Greek yoghurt, beans, plus a little olive oil, avocado, nuts. This is what stops cravings and keeps you satisfied.


What this looks like IRL:

Instead of: 2 tiny crackers with cheese = hungry in 20 mins

Try: Big bowl — lots of salad + roasted veg + 1/2 sweet potato + chicken + sprinkle of feta + olive oil. Same calories-ish, 10x more food, actually full.


You are not meant to be hungry all day to lose weight. You are meant to be nourished, energised, and full.


More colour. More fibre. More satisfaction.


Have you been under-eating and calling it discipline? Let's change that.


Tell me — Would you be trying the eat more to lose weight trick?👇



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

Missing Ireland

Ending the year 2025 missing a place I had hoped to call home for me and my family, beautiful Ireland.  It’s been just over 4years since we left but it still calls out to me sometimes. I’m not one to look too much at the past but I created the fondest memories there.  Here’s one video from several I have that I would say triggered my reminiscing.