Skip to main content

WHAT ARE YOU GIVING YOUR ATTENTION TO?





You really want this to happen for you. You really, really do. So you start to think about it. Stop!
What exactly are you thinking about?! The desire you want fulfilled or the lack of it?



It has been said that where you focus more attention to, is where you will focus more energy on, and eventually what you will have come to you.


We cannot help but think about what we want out of life. We will
always have desires so we need to know that our thinking angle affects
the outcome of our desires. 

There are two ways which we focus our attention.

We are either thinking about our desires.This helps us find new ways to act so that it becomes a reality. Or
We are thinking of the Absence /Lack of our desire. This way we tend to get discouraged and sometimes feel defeated.



How can you know where your attention truly is?


Your feeling and emotions are like a life's compass, pointing you towards your dreams. They tell you when you are going in the right or wrong direction so you need to pay attention to them.
Your emotions are not beyond your control so you need to be consciously aware of them. 



Unlike some school of thought believe, this does not make you weak or fragile in anyway. It makes you stronger because you can take charge of your emotions, redirect your thought and steer your life in the direction you want it to go.


Positive feelings/emotions such as



Appreciation/Gratitude
Hopefulness/Optimism
Empowerment/Knowledge
Passion/Enthusiasm
Love
Freedom
Contentment
Are all an indication that you are on the right path of creativity and
fulfilment of your desires.



 Meanwhile negative emotions such as

Pessimism/Hopelessness
Blame/Guilt
Anger/Revenge
Feeling overwhelmed/Irritation
Frustration/Disappointment
Regret/Unworthiness
Boredom/Doubt
Jealousy
are all indicators that you are in the wrong path and if you don't change course soon you will miss out on the fulfilment of your true heart desires.


You get what you pay the most attention to


Your treasure (desire) is where you heart is.
The more attention you pay to a subject, the more actions you will take in line of that subject and subsequently your results will be
related to that subject.

For example,you can't desire more money but only think of how miserable you will be if you don't make more money these will cause you to feel negative emotions such as outlined above and this will do you no good. it only make you lack the vitality you need to take any right action to help your desire materialize but when feel positive emotions such as optimism, faith, hope, appreciation; you will be driven and motivated to take actions
and will be rewarded positively.


We should also note that when we feel negative emotions, we should not
beat ourselves up because we feel that way. They are like placards
telling you that you are headed in the wrong direction, action signals
pointing out to you that you need to redirect the ship of your
thoughts so you can achieve those dreams you really want.


Motivation is the energy that turns ideas into reality.....Poju Oyemade



Comments

  1. surely focus is a key, it spice up the motivation in u...

    Thanks for the post

    check out my blog and follow at http://iamsassychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading the post.
    i sure will check yours out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...