Skip to main content

FW: Declutter your life.

Sent by Omah
-----Original Message-----
From: tiffanyamber969@gmail.com
Sent: 15/12/2010 11:49:12 am
Subject: Declutter your life.


As i write this post,i am tired to my bones.

The week has been very busy with loads of physical work around the house involved.

Cleaning,decluttering and slight rearrangement around the house.

Now i appreciate the work that Interior decorators do.

i must say i am pretty good at this stuff.lol

As the year comes to an end,i cannot help but wonder how we gathered up so much stuff around the house.

Most of which we have absolutely no need for.

I also realised that as we( my lil bro helped out) started to declutter,the space kind of brought a feeling of more clarity.

Clutter can truly be depressing.

When you have all this stuff around that you have not used in years.

Sometimes its better to take a day off(weekends are better) to clean and clear.

I promise you one thing.

When you are done,you will feel a sense of satisfaction and who doesnt love some extra space.

I know some of these things around the house could be of sentimental value so we might find it hard to let go of them.

You can pass them on to someone who needs them instead of keeping them in a box. So that when you see them use them,you can relieve the momories you so truly cherish.

My mum did not want to let go of a table that was older than all of her kids! Though it still looked good and antique,but it was kinda out of place in the house. End of story,she turned it into a better looking table.

Take some time out this last few weeks and take out the clutter.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Happy Decluttering.

By Oma Nnabuihe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...