Saturday, December 11, 2010

I KEEP MY PROMISES



Lets say this is a page filled with God's promises.


I was listening to some music by Israel Houghton this morning before praying and it got me thinking.
Do you know that most times we forget that we are not alone in this world?
We forget that someone has got our back no matter what?
When we make mistakes and do things that contradict our values we beat ourselves up and have guilty feelings for so long we can’t even make rational decisions anymore?
We get into a dark patch in life and we feel like it’s over for us?
We forget that we have a God who has promised that he would never leave or forsake us.
The only one who can boldly say that nothing living, dead, visible, invisible, mortal, immortal can separate us from his love?
It’s in our nature as humans to forget good things so easily that’s why he reminds to awaken our spirit so that we can be in constant connection with him (God)
We get really busy and burdened down with everyday worries of work, family, and school and when we encounter hurdles when we need an extra lift we forget that someone has got our back and or every single event we have gone through or will ever go through he made us a promise.
Every word he has spoken will never return to him without fulfilling its purpose.
But no, no we forget.
We struggle and fail and struggle and fail yet again and again.
Life has taught us not to ask for help because most times when we have asked for help from man we did not get it.
People who made promises to us have broken promises leaving us high and dry.
So we have condition ourselves not to ask for help even from God the one who made you 
and said; I will never leave or forsake you.
Never not sometimes, Never!
I am not a man that i should lie, neither the son of man that he should take back his word.
I will do what I said I will do, I will stand by my word.
We can even say God’s motto is “my Word is my Bond”
We can trust him that much.
We can hold him to his word,
Tell him; you said this and this and that so I am expectant.
But how many of us can let ourselves go and let him take over.
Instead what do we do?
We subconsciously put a limit on God’s grace and mercy upon our life.
We limit God to the “Big” stuff.
We forget that God is interested in every area of our life.
He is interested even in what we may term ‘insignificant’
Don’t say No God has no time for this or that.
I remember listening to a child pray.
He prayed for his parents, friends and EVEN HIS DOG that was going to the Vet later in the day.
How many of us still have the effrontery to pray like this?
We have lost that confidence in letting go and letting God.
We may find it funny but the truth remains that he wants you to involve him even in the littlest of things in your life.
Don’t restrict the flow of Gods grace and breakthrough in your life.
Sometimes we put a limit on God, when he has said that there are no limits or boundaries 
holding us back.
In this coming year we must learn to take off the limits we have put God in.
Have you restrained God to only a certain amount of success in your life?
Have you said let me do this while he does this?
Sometimes when I have not made a kind of dish in a while and I lose confidence in the kitchen, even after I have asked friends and everyone else how to make the dish.
When i am about to start, I say; God, It’s me and you making this meal and it always turns out great.
I always tell people I talk to, that as long as it has to do with you, he is interested.
He does not need anything from you other than your praise so he sure will keep doing things in your life that will make you praise him.
He is pleased when we prosper, when you get that dream house or job, when you have your child after so long, when you recover from that illness in your body.
He is glorified when we do well here on earth.
If this year did not turn out how you expected and you have cried and shed tears every night on your pillow.
The word of the lord to you is that since you have sown in many tears, you will reap in joy.
This New Year is your year of breakthrough because you are a child of God.
The time of God’s favour on your life has come
He said the righteous shall inherit the earth.
This is a word for you.
If you have shed more tears this 2010 than you have laughed he said in Isaiah 61:2-3 that he will comfort all who mourn.
He will give you beauty for ashes (Restoration for all you lost)
The Oil of joy for mourning.........
If you are sick in your body, he said to remind you that he wishes above all things that you be prosper and be in good health even as your soul prosper.
I am the lord that healeth thee.
By my stripes (on the cross) you are healed.
Your health status is important to him.
How can you praise him and fulfil your destiny when you are held down by sickness.
When you eat right and exercise right and still feel a weakness in your body all he needs you to do is to mind his business and he will mind yours.
What is his business?
Living life the way he wants you to and worshipping him every single day.
Worship the LORD your God and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you Exodus 23:25
When you have lost all you have;
Your loved ones, investments, relationships, money, he said I will restore to you what the enemy has stolen
When you think he has forgotten you;
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. In Isaiah 54:10  
When you have doubts about your future remember he said.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 
When you are stuck and you don’t know the next step to take;
Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path
He will make a way where there seem to be no way.
When you feel you are limited by curses and generational hindrances and things are not working for you because of this curse.
I am not denying that these things exist but when you have already prayed for God’s deliverance. You must believe he has delivered you and stop living like someone under bondage.
Remember the story of Jabez, His mother named him Jabez because things were not going on well when she gave birth to him.
Things were so bad for him in his life but he remembered God and cried out in
1 Chronicles 4:9-10.
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand would be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain!"
And God heard his prayer and prospered him.
Have you been waiting for your life partner and some part of you is telling you that you may die single;
I will give to everyone the bone of their bone and the flesh of their flesh, to everyone his mate.
We must act in faith,
Have you waited so long for a child?
Remember when God was speaking to Abraham and he said this time next year, your wife will have a child.
Then he said to him categorically; Is there anything too hard for God to do.
Not as a question but as a statement of fact.
Is there anything too hard for God to do.
Is it that job?
Is it that healing?
The promise he made to you years ago, about dreams and goals you had; its not too hard for you to accomplish.
You have to believe that it is possible.
You have to believe with every fibre of your being that it will happen in your lifetime.
Search his word and give it back to him.
Because there is nothing too hard for God to do
All you have to do is dare to believe
I don’t take my word back.
I don’t retract my statements.
I keep my covenant.
I keep my promises.
Says the Lord.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment