Skip to main content

WHEN NO ONE IS WATCHING....




There goes a saying thus “True character is portrayed when no one else is looking”

How do you act when no one is watching?

When it’s you and only you that make the decisions?

When you will not be questioned and are answerable to no one but yourself?

When there are no rewards for acting right?

How do you behave or speak when no one is watching?

Favour, Connections and hardwork can get us to unimaginable heights both in our career and personal life but it’s our character that will either help us blossom or run us down

Mans true nature is to be selfish and even God when giving us his greatest commandment knew this. He said LOVE your neighbour AS YOURSELF.

What you cannot do for yourself, you will never do for others. Only Christ has shown us Unselfish love through his death on the cross.

You work for a company for 20years and decided to start up your own small business; no one is watching or asking you for your account book.

How you take decisions in that business will say if it will thrive or die.

Do you make a profit of 2 million and spend 1.5million buying a new car just to show off to your friends when you have an old one that still motorable? Wouldn’t you reinvest in your business so it can give you even more profit.

As a Christian student living in the hostel do you pray and do devotions only when your roommate is around so you can seem holy?

Would you wear a dress that would be considered filthy to a party because you believe you wouldn’t meet anyone you know there?

Would you insult the bus conductor who annoyed you cos no face looks familiar in the bus?

One day, everything that is done in secret will be brought to light.

Why live in fear that one day your wrong doing will be brought to light when you have the power to SAY NO and do what’s right.

It’s not easy. The spirit might be willing but this flesh is weak and needs to be tamed and trained to do what’s right.

Try it out today.

When you are alone – That upright decision is better.

When no one’s there – The right action is more rewarding.

When the lights go off – Stop and think again; will I be caught doing this if the lights are on.

God bless you.


Oma

Comments

  1. Like this...I guess we all have to listen to that little voice in our heads that warns us when we do 'wrong stuff'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like.
    Sometimes to check myself, I ask myself, would you want this on the evening news? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nonye. Thanks.
    @N.I.L, Im flattered that you read my blog. you are an inspiration.
    @ Gbemi,lol. On National television?.whoops.good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder, and you write well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true actually.good way to judge our actions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

Missing Ireland

Ending the year 2025 missing a place I had hoped to call home for me and my family, beautiful Ireland.  It’s been just over 4years since we left but it still calls out to me sometimes. I’m not one to look too much at the past but I created the fondest memories there.  Here’s one video from several I have that I would say triggered my reminiscing.