Skip to main content

10 SHORT TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE YOU BETTER (PART 3)


This is the third and concluding part of this series to help you love you better.

Remember; the more you love you, the more love you have to share to others and the more love you receive from others.

6. EMBRACE YOUR FUTURE/NURTURE YOUR DREAMS

Dream big; see yourself living a better life than you are already. Don’t go around looking like the world is on your shoulder. News flash,! It’s on over 6 billion peoples shoulders and you don’t see everyone going around with a poor-old-me attitude.

Take steps every day that lead you towards the better future you dream of. Read a book, write the professional exam, take a class, learn a skill, and make that decision. Do something that moves you closer to the better life you anticipated

7. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

Why do you need three friends to validate a dress before you can wear it out?

Why don’t you trust yourself to make right decisions even in the tiniest of matters?

Come on! Give yourself some credit. Trust your instincts, listen to your ideas, write them down, and develop them. You will be surprised at how creative and intelligent you are.

8. APPLAUD YOURSELF FOR GOOD WORK/ MINIMIZE SELF CRITICISM

A lot of us have been watching the Olympics; do you see how athletes applaud themselves when they perform well? They clap,dance and,act silly.They walk with their shoulders high.

Unlike a lot of us think, this is not pride. Its Self-Affirmation. You can’t sit around waiting for someone to praise you for your efforts. Do it minimally, but do it anyways. Don’t let it get to your head.

Look in the mirror and say to yourself

‘You did well today’ It drives you to do even better at the next task.

So you ask me, what happens with those who lose? As humans, we would criticize ourselves for sure. Some people take it to the extreme though and cause more harm than good to them.

Manage your criticism; let it also be a tool to drive you to do better. You see some athletes do badly at an event and perform fantastic at the next. A little praise, minimal criticism

9. LOOK AFTER YOUR BODY

I recently had my battle with maintaining my ideal weight and now I can boldly tell you its all ingrained in Self-love.

You would let no harm come to your body when you love you.

You would stop those bad habits that kill your body. As for food and obesity, I’ll use this analogy that has worked for me.

Your body is like the most expensive car in the world. That car you would die for. Food is fuel for the tank.

If you want your car to function optimally; when you go to the gas station, you only put fuel in the fuel tank and not in the boot or sitting area.

It’s the same as food.

Don’t eat so much your whole body becomes bloated and there’s nowhere else to store the fat.

You only need a little food to keep you alive and healthy.

Keep this in mind when you have those cravings. I’ve had enough fuel for the day” Exercise as much as possible. You can only have one body. You can replace the parts, but there’s nothing as good as keeping the original working perfectly.

10.GROW SPIRITUALLY

As a Christian, I know that I feel more whole when I'm more in tune with God. I feel more alive. I feel more active. I have more faith in life and I'm a better person.

No matter your faith and religion, I believe you must feel the same.

Read the Bible more and pray more.

In all these steps there’s one thing you should remember.

You deserve to be loved.

When you understand how to show love to yourself first; then you would understand how to show love to others.

One Law stand true, when you give, you will receive.

If you ever feel unloved, there’s one love you can ALWAYS count on; GODS LOVE.

It’s the only unconditional love in existence and he loves you now and always

Oma Nnabuihe

525035_Save Up To 70% On Ink And Toner At SuppliesOutlet.com


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...