Skip to main content

10 SHORT TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE YOU BETTER (PART 2)

As i said in the first part of this series, loving yourself is not conceit or being egoist, it’s the ultimate prerequisite to be able to GIVE and RECEIVE love. You can’t give what you don’t have.

The more you love you, the more love you have to share to others and the more love you receive from others.

Here are 10 steps to loving the incredible miracle that you are

1. ACCEPT YOURSELF

The good, the bad and the ugly

You are you; Period!

Unique and distinct. Your good traits, talents, habits and bad traits are yours; accept it. That is the first step. We all know things we don’t like about ourselves that no one else knows and we would love to change. Sometimes they put us in trouble at our jobs and in our relationships with others. If you don’t like it, CHANGE IT!


2. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND LET GO OF PAST MISTAKES

We all know it’s easier said than done but holding on to the guilt that comes from making mistakes doesn’t serve you any purpose.

Mistakes are made so we can learn from them and make sure they are not repeated. It’s harder to learn from a mistake when you hold on to it; feeling guilt and trying to punish yourself.

We’ve all done things we wish we could take back. We are human and imperfect. What matters most is how we move on from them. The deed is done. Let it go! And be on guard not to repeat it.


3. FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF AGAIN

Remember all those things you love about yourself?

Could be that great personality, lovely smile, caring attitude, beautiful voice, or rare talent. Fall in love with them again. Watch old videos of you, look at old photos, and relive happy moments. Fall in love with the good in you. You are one of a kind


4. APPRECIATE YOUR LIFE AND THE PEOPLE IN IT.

We’ve all had our share of good and bad experiences in life and relationships along the way. That’s the beauty of this life journey.

Be thankful for life even if you haven’t achieved all you have set out to achieve yet. As long as you have breath in you, there is hope.

Be thankful for everything that makes you smile; your family, friends, house, job, pet. Be thankful for everyone and everything that puts a smile on your face.

5. LIVE IN THE MOMENT,HAVE FUN AND RELAX

A lot of us are so uptight about life that we lose out on all the fun. I’m not saying you should wake up every day and just have fun all year long.

I’m saying we should cherish moments more. Spend a little more time with family. Play games. Take a leisure walk around your neighbourhood. Play with kids. Watch a movie. Go to the spa. Go to a concert/ comedy show. Take a vacation. Laugh more. Smile more. Make memories.

Do something that doesn’t have work written all over it. You work so hard, you deserve it.

5 more TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE YOU BETTER in PART 3

By Oma Nnabuihe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...