Skip to main content

TURN IT INTO A SEED


It is human nature to want to hold on to everything we own and have acquired. We hold on to things even when we don’t need or use them.

Giving to an average human is like losing. But this is not true. Giving can be likened to planting or investing. You have to let go of the seed or money before it can yield fruit/interest.

Clutter experts advise; “If you haven’t used it in two years, give it away” That is the last thing a lot of us wants to hear.

We hold on to that old appliance or clothing hoping it would be of use one day. And most times, we never use them.

Ever wondered why multi-millionaires and billionaires always find one charity project or the other to fund? One reason is, they have discovered the secret of the Principle of Giving.
389959_Louis Vuitton 300 
This principle works irrespective of age, race, sex or religion.

It’s simple; when you give, you will be given.
You don’t have to be a millionaire to give.
Start where you are and you would soon start to see a difference in your life. Giving doesn’t have to be monetary. 
You can give emotional support, hope, a listening ear, comfort. You can even share your expertise and knowledge with those who can’t afford the kind of education you have.

There will always be someone who needs what you have abandoned or what you have.

If it’s not meeting a need, turn it into a seed---Joel Osteen.

If you help the poor, you are lending to the lord. And he will repay you….Proverbs 19:17(NLT)

You may not end the receiver’s suffering but you can be a trigger of hope; the initiator of the healing process they need.

Remember, when you give don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure for God loves a cheerful giver- 1 Corin 9:7

By Oma Nnabuihe
Please share and follow my blog for the latest post
515715_336x280 - IFLadies Shoes

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...