Skip to main content

Defeat Is A State Of Mind





Does a leaf, when it falls from the tree in winter, feel defeated by the cold?
The tree says to the leaf:
‘That’s the cycle of life. You may think you’re going to die, but you live on in me. It’s thanks to you that I’m alive, because I can breathe. It’s also thanks to you that I have felt loved, because I was able to give shade to the weary traveler. Your sap is in my sap, we are one thing.’
Does a man who spent years preparing to climb the highest mountain in the world feel defeated on reaching that mountain and discovering that nature has cloaked the summit in storm clouds?
The man says to the mountain: ‘You don’t want me this time, but the weather will change and, one day, I will make it to the top. Meanwhile, you’ll still be here waiting for me.’
Does a young man, rejected by his first love, declare that love does not exist?
The young man says to himself: ‘I’ll find someone better able to understand what I feel. And then I will be happy for the rest of my days.’
Losing a battle or losing everything we thought we possessed will bring us moments of sadness, but when those moments pass, we will discover the hidden strength that exists in each of us, a strength that will surprise us and increase our self-respect.
Wait patiently for the right moment to act.
Do not let the next opportunity slip.
Take pride in your scars.
Scars are medals branded on the flesh, and your enemies will be frightened by them because they are proof of your long experience of battle. Often this will lead them to seek dialogue and avoid conflict.
Scars speak more loudly than the sword that caused them.
taken from MANUSCRIPT FOUND IN ACCRA By Paulo Coelho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

Missing Ireland

Ending the year 2025 missing a place I had hoped to call home for me and my family, beautiful Ireland.  It’s been just over 4years since we left but it still calls out to me sometimes. I’m not one to look too much at the past but I created the fondest memories there.  Here’s one video from several I have that I would say triggered my reminiscing.