Skip to main content

EAT FOR YOUR GLOW: The 3 Foods I Eat Every week For Real, Consistent Radiance ✨



Are you buying expensive creams in glow-quest but skipping what’s on your plate? 

You’re doing it backwards!


Your skin is not just what you put ON it. It’s a mirror of what you put IN it.


I learned this the hard way after years of spending loads of money on trending skincare products and routines that left me frustrated and my skin dull. So I stopped chasing trends and went back to the blueprint. No more fads. Just facts.


Here are the 3 foods I add to my weekly shopping list for a consistent glow. They cost less than £2 a day and you can find them at your local supermarket.


BERRIES + DARK LEAFY GREENS: Your Natural Glow Filter

Why? Oxidative stress is the #1 reason for dull skin, fine lines, and tired eyes. These two contain antioxidants. Antioxidants help your body fight oxidative stress.


My daily mix:

Handful of blueberries or strawberries (frozen is perfect and cheaper)

Big handful of spinach or kale in a smoothie, omelette, or even just wilted with lunch


What it does: It boosts your vitamin C to help your body make collagen. It contains vitamin K which reduces that dark, under-eye look. I noticed my skin looked brighter after just 10 days of this.


Realistic tip: Don't force salads you hate. I blend my greens with frozen berries, water, and a spoon of yogurt. It tastes like a treat.


HEALTHY FATS: The Moisture You Can't Get From A Jar

If your skin feels dry no matter how much moisturiser you use, you are likely low in healthy fats.


My daily go-to: 1/2 avocado OR 1 tbsp chia seeds OR a small handful of walnuts


What it does: Omega-3s and good fats literally build your skin barrier. They lock in moisture from the inside. This is why your skin looks plump and dewy, not dry and flaky. They also calm inflammation — so less redness and fewer breakouts.


Realistic tip: I sprinkle chia seeds on my overnight oats. Takes 10 seconds. No cooking.


FERMENTED FOODS: The Secret Glow Connection No One Talks About.

This is the link between your gut and your glow.


My daily go-to:  3-4 spoons of plain natural yogurt or kefir


What it does: When your gut is unhappy, you get bloating and sluggishness. Your skin shows it. Fermented foods are a natural source of probiotics which can balance your gut microbiome. When my bloating went down, my skin clarity went UP. They are connected.


Realistic tip: Buy PLAIN, no sugar yoghurt/kefir. You can add berries to sweeten it naturally.


HOW I PUT IT TOGETHER IN 10 MINUTES (My Daily Plate)


Breakfast: Yogurt + berries + chia seeds

Lunch: Wrap with spinach, chicken/falafel, and avocado

Dinner: Whatever you love, just add a side of greens


That's it. No counting. No restriction. Just adding glow foods in.


Your glow is not about eating less. It's about eating for your glow.


This is the philosophy of The Glow Compass — nutritious eating, not fad dieting. Realistic. Tested. Trusted.


Your turn: Which of these 3 are you already eating? Which one will you try to add this week? Tell me in the comments — I read every single one.


And if you found this helpful, save it for your next food shop and share it with one friend who is tired of fad diets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...