Skip to main content

WHEN I FAST, I PRAY



As the year winds to an end, its easy to start beating yourself up for goals that have not yet come to reality.

You may feel disappointed and discouraged.

It is a trick of the devil to distract you from this very important time of the year.

This time is not only for evaluation of the present ending year but a time for sowing.

Its a time to sow seeds that you want to see fruits manifest in 2011.

Remember the story of the wheat and weed in Matthew 13 vs 24-30.

When the farmer (You and me) sowed good seed then the enemy came and planted thorns (bad friends, bad experiences) among them. Jesus said, let them grow together till the time of harvest then separate the wheat from the thorns and burn them.

If the enemy planted thorns in your life this year and they choked the life out of you making you less productive; this is the time to harvest.

Some things may not happen except through prayer and fasting.
You can dedicate a few days in this remaining time of the year to fast and pray for divine intervention.
Thank him for the passing year.

Ask him to remove thorns from your life; those friendships and relationships and sicknesses, accidents bad experiences and all form of losses that have pulled you back from achieving all you have hoped to achieve this year.

Pray for him to reveal the way he wants 2011 to go in your life so that you can walk according to his purpose.

 Remember he wishes above all things that you be in good health even as your soul prospers.

There is nothing as soothing and empowering as when God reveals his plan for your 2011 in 2010.


With this revelation then you can start to sow seeds into your new year.

Declare long life, God’s grace which passes all understanding, direction, zeal and everything you want into your new year.

One thing I can assure you of is that anything you leave in God’s hands is safe and sound and comes back to you with added value.

He always, always hears us.
This is also a time to give to those who are in need;it does not matter how small.

Read Isaiah Chapter 61 every day of this fast 
As you do this, I trust that God will lead you and see you through a 2011 of fulfilment.
Amen.

God bless you.

Comments

  1. Oma, what a beautiful blog. I love the connection you make to the earth. I believe if we pay attention to what is happening in nature it reflects what is happening internally for us. There is great wisdom in the seasons and cycles. Abundant Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All The Gentlemen Gone?

I was inspired to write this post after a recent occurrence that had me and my girlfriends literally bullied off a queue by young men. While I recognize that  Chivalry  is as good as DEAD in this generation, I've met a good share of courteous men in my lifetime. Ladies, have you ever had a man walk through a door ahead of you and lets it slam close behind him RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?  Or a bunch of guys walking beside you for minutes while you obviously struggle with a heavy box or bag you are carrying? I'm sure 90 percent of you will say yes. Don't get me wrong .I'm not saying women are weak and always need help from men. All I'm asking is a little politeness from the male-folk. There's a myth that "Nice Guys don't get the girl". That's ridiculous cause They MARRY the girl. Being Courteous is not only attractive to women, its a great way to show support. The little things matter most to women; ...

Stop hating on people

The other day an old classmate found me on facebook and added me. I had lost contact with most of my High school friends and was glad to reconnect. In less than 48 hours he wrote this on my wall "I like you as a person even in secondary sch.(Ojo High) but I just discovered through fb(facebook) that you're so full of yourself. Don't forget that true fame and greatness comes from above". This is someone i haven't spoken to in over 9 years! How do you judge someone so harshly by going through their facebook page for 48hours. I responded to the post and said this "Wow! Good to know. Stanley the Judge. You will be judged in like measure. Thank you so much" I was stunned that anyone would act in such a manner but it made me think and reevaluate my life. I looked back at the years and saw the struggle with my faith, my career and everything; the way i had consciously taken hard decisions that had found favour with God and made my life better. 2011 was a uniqu...

MY EMOTIONAL HANGOVER

An emotional hangover is what you feel when you try to let go of an emotion you have held onto for longer than you should. This weekend, I experienced my first (and last, i hope) emotional hangover. We ended our relationship more than two years ago so that we could move on with our lives. He wanted to get married, I wanted to pursue a career, and our life paths seem to go in different directions. We remained close friends and as often as possible I prayed for him to find a good wife. Well, he did get married this weekend and I was there. Truth is had a hard time making a decision to attend the wedding cause I felt it was out of place for me to. I decided to go cause as friends it was the right thing to do. When I got there I did not know what to feel  or how to act till I saw the couple dancing down the aisle. One part of me said; it’s your loss girl! Another part said, just be cheerful for him. I was truly happy for him. The time preceding this was not exactly the best...